Now that the holiday season is winding down and life is returning to a semblance of normality, I’d like to thank everyone for all the gifts I’ve received throughout the year. 2009 has been a tough year for many(the McCaskey family included) and the help, support and camaraderie of family and friends has been invaluable. Your gifts, both tangible and otherwise, have helped sustain us, keep us sane and generally lift our spirits. Thank you.
As we look forward to 2010, there are several reasons to be hopeful:
- Things are starting to come together with some of the writing projects I’m working on: big news on at least one of them is forthcoming.
- I’m finally going to be rid of the house in Loves Park that has been the bane of my existence for the last six years.
- I’m still involved in my first tabletop role-playing game in many years, Alex Rodriguez’s Shadowrun 4th Edition game. It’s epic and I’m happy to be a part of the story, even if I can’t be at every game physically.
- I should be running my own tabletop game coming up soon.
- My daughter keeps growing and developing everyday. Some days are challenging, some are a breeze, but she makes it all worthwhile.
- I will be back in school in the fall, barring any unforseen snafus.
- The Blackhawks are doing great this year! I don’t want to jinx it, but this could be the year Lord Stanley’s cup returns to the Windy City. At the very least, it’ll be an entertaining ride, even if Chicago doesn’t hoist up hockey’s Holy Grail.
So, here’s to the future. May it be better than our past!